17 Jul 2014

Liberty-Bowed Bookworm Button Up

MBOFF
 I was so excited to be able to test a few patterns for the Make (Believe) pattern collection by Pattern Anthology and I'm sharing them all this week. Yesterday was the Adventure Tee, and today is the Bookwork Button up.
Bookworm Button Up by Erin at Our Family Four 1Bookworm Button Up by Erin at Our Family Four 3

I got this incredible shirting fabric at the Spring Knitting and Stitching show and it was the perfect thing for this fun button up pattern.  That and a little Liberty of London print for the bows and cuffs. :)  There is never really a wrong time for Liberty fabric, but I love to put it into a garment in a way that highlights it.  Am I right?
Bookworm Button Up by Erin at Our Family Four 2
I have never made a button up shirt before, although installing a collar was on my "sewing to do list" for the year, and I was glad to have the chance to scratch that one off.  I honestly didn't think that I would do so in making a shirt for Hannah, I thought it would be a shirt for Jayce, but this pattern has a few sweet details that are perfect for a little girls' shirt.
Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 7
Namely, bows and tulips.  
These tiny bows are stitched onto the tops of the pockets, and the tabs that secure the cuff in place can be made with the same fabric, so the elbow cuffs sort of have a bow effect as well.
Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 2Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 3
As to the tulip part, just check out the back!!  Isn't that the cutest thing ever?  I love it.
Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 5Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 1
This was not a difficult sew, but there were lots of steps and it was pretty time consuming.  That said, I am always really satisfied when I finish something that took a lot of time and effort to get just right, and come away with a really great result.  There was a real satisfaction in finishing something that was out of my comfort zone and had a really good final product.  Love this one.
Bookworm Button Up Test by Our Family Four 6And since there are 3 other variations with this pattern I'm already thinking of how I can sew one for Jayce.  
Who am I kidding?  I already have the fabric picked out and purchased for 2 different shirts.  Watch this space in the fall. :)
There are a few different bundle options available for these patterns, but they're only available over the next 2 weeks, so get them while you can!
PA BY our family four2 There is this bundle with the 4 patterns that I've sewn above, for $19.95.  
There is this bundle with the 4 patterns that I've sewn above plus an eBook full of patterns and activities to encourage creative play, for $24.95.
There is also this bundle that includes all that I've listed above + 4 different pants patterns so you can make a complete fall wardrobe for your children, for $34.95.  Fun, right?
Check out the website for all of the details, and check the look book here for more inspiration, including my little lady!! :)

**I received copies of these patterns for free in exchange for sewing and providing feedback on test versions, but my love for the patterns and enthusiasm is completely genuine.** 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So stinking cute, and a great use for Liberty scraps! Love it.

trinh said...

Ohh liberty! They are so dang expensive here that I haven't tried it yet, but maybe someday. ... I love it in this shirt!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin