19 Jul 2014

Elsa Swirl Explorer Hoodie

MBOFF
I was so excited to be able to test a few patterns for the Make (Believe) pattern collection by Pattern Anthology and I'm sharing them all this week.  Wednesday was the Adventure Tee, Thursday was the Bookworm Button Up, and Friday was the Imagine Jacket and today is the Explorer Hoodie.
Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 12
No fall clothes collection is complete without a hoodie, am I right?  And this one is perfect!Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 10
It's a comfy loose fit, a half zip front to get over those (sometimes) big heads, a hood for when the rain comes (and it will come), and a big pocket to fill with goodies.  
Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 15Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 7
I made mine with a lightweight knit material so that I could make good use of it on cool summer evenings or heavily air conditioned establishments.  But what Hannah really loves about it, aside from the roomy pocket, is the pattern.  Can a young girl see anything other than Frozen when she sees blue swirls?  I think not, and she didn't.  Sooooo, an Elsa Hoodie it is. :)
Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 4This hoodie was made during the testing phase and the sleeves have been shortened in the current pattern.  I shortened these by 1 inch after we did the photos and cinched the cuffs in a bit more and now they are perfect.Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 1Even with the addition of the zipper (which I still sweat a little bit) this was an incredibly easy sew.  I made it in an afternoon when it was raining non-stop, and when the rain paused for a few we ran outside for pictures.  An easy afternoon sew, ready before suppertime.  
Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 8Hamilton Hoodie Test by Our Family Four 9
There is this bundle with the 4 patterns that I've sewn above, for $19.95.
There is this bundle with the 4 patterns that I've sewn above plus an eBook full of patterns and activities to encourage creative play, for $24.95.
There is also this bundle that includes all that I've listed above + 4 different pants patterns so you can make a complete fall wardrobe for your children, for $34.95.  Fun, right?
Check out the website for all of the details, and check the look book here for more inspiration, including my little lady!! :)

**I received copies of these patterns for free in exchange for sewing and providing feedback on test versions, but my love for the patterns and enthusiasm is completely genuine.** 

1 comment:

Sarah Jones said...

this is the one that i would take for my wardrobe! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin