So, I finally finished this dress for Hannah. I made her a summer version here, which was one of my favorites, (I never got over those cloud pockets), so I was eager to make another.
It has been in the works for a few months now. I plugged away at it regularly until I hit a wall and couldn't figure out where to go with it. This week I finally made a decision and moved forward with it. I'm glad to get it out of my to-sew basket and onto my girl.
What was the hold up? This collar.
I tried to make the collar reversible too: A blue collar for the white side and a white collar for the yellow side. But it stuck up a little too much and just didn't look right, so I decided to just kiss the blue side goodbye and sewed the white side down.
It looks cute. I just needed to get over it and move on. Now I like it, a lot.
I added these swooshy pockets to each side, mimicking the shape of the collar.
I did the same on the white side. Now, there should be a blue collar that's the same color as these pockets, but it's gone gone gone.
I used these fun wooden buttons for some detail on the top. I attached them through the white side only so that they wouldn't show on the yellow side, so at least I did that part right. :)
Anyway, I'm glad I made myself stop stewing on this and just finish it. I really love it and it's perfect for fall.